Tuesday 4 June 2013

A brief diversion

So yeah, I quickly knocked up this figure so that I could take part in the LAF Ancients Painting Club:


Red-faced hero of Shu Guan Yu.

Painted using these images for reference:




Alas, this means that I've now completed a grand total of 1 miniature for the Three Kingdoms project (curse you 24 half-painted chinese peasants!) but does bring the tally to:

19 vs 341 = -322

I got a bit impatient whilst painting Guan Yu though, and had to turn to alternate methods to speed up the undercoat drying:



In other news, I've finally caught up on Doctor Who, and ended up finding my secret stash of Doctor Who toys whilst cleaning out a storage box:



So it's entirely possible that I may end up painting something Whovian between Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire miniatures...

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous looking miniature and a cracking paint job to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a daunting total! Mine would probably be much worse though, which is why I don't keep score! Nice likeness on your model choice and painting!

    ReplyDelete