Sunday 3 December 2017

Orrus you sure about that? Wow, I'm really losing my touch with these punny titles...

As hinted at in my last post, it's not just a single Spyrer I've been working on;

Next we have the bruiser of the group, the Orrus:


Honestly, I can't remember how I got to the decision to go whitegrey and green as a colourscheme. He looks a little like he wouldn't be out of place fighting mid-90's Spider-man.


Not a lot to say about him other than that, really (except can you see how I snuck Arcane Blue onto him?) - I was oddly unmotivated to paint this miniature, and he was sat with only his flesh painted whilst the other miniatures that I was working on simulataneously approached varying stages of completion, but once I threw myself into painting his armour I started to enjoy him some more! I went for a much cleaner style that my usual, which was very odd - almost like panel lining a model tank painting dark shade in between each armour panel and then sharpening the edges with the highlight colour, rather than my usual approach of slap it on and then scrub around some highlights in a slightly slapdash fashion!

I'm also not sure why I wasn't more inspired to paint him, as my most enduring mental image of the Orrus is from the Kal Jerico comic, where they look like an absolute badass:


I mean, until he gets taken out with a lascannon:


Although at the same time I guess that if it takes incredibly rare and expensive anti-tank weaponry to take you out, that's still fairly respectable...

Tally:

43 vs 40 = +3

I'm starting to consider getting the new Necromunda, and thinking of it as buying a bunch of models that I can use with old Necromunda that also happens to come with a free Necromunda themed board game that I could also play if I wanted to... 

5 comments:

  1. Looks really terrific. I'm trying to currently arm wrestle myself out of buying the new Necromunda, as I need a new board/miniature game like I need more holes in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely clean painting. I always liked the art and background for Spyrers rather than the models

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fab dude. I have seen the sets for sale minus the figures if you wanted to go that route. Various FB trade groups have been selling them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesomeness! Having played a few games of the new Necromunda and being a massive fan of the original, I have to say I'm really pleased with it. It's a tasteful update to a fantastic game, definitely worth checking out!

    ReplyDelete